By Jack Slemenda ‘21 and Josh Havrilla ‘21
Slemenda Waiver Wire Picks
- Myles Gaskin RB (Dolphins): Gaskin has led Miami running backs in touches as well as carries despite the Dolphins signing Jordan Howard and Matt Breida in the offseason. Gaskin is currently averaging 13.1 fantasy points and is projected 13.9 this week.
- Corey Davis WR (Titans): Davis has filled in well as a WR2 in Tennessee and has put up respectable numbers through three weeks. Davis is expected to get more looks with the lead wide receiver AJ Brown expected to miss this week, Davis is averaging 13.9 points and is projected 10.4 this week.
- Jared Godd QB (Rams): Jared Goff has been extremely consistent for the Rams offense so far and has had over 250 passing yards in each game since the start of the season. Goff more importantly has found the endzone recently with 3 touchdown passes in week two and 2 in week three. Goff is averaging 20.6 points and is projected 16.6 this week.
- Carlos Hyde RB (Seahawks): Hyde will most likely take over the role as lead running back this week as Chris Carson fell to injury this past week. Hyde in the past has put up 1,000+ rushing yard seasons and has shown no signs of loss of talent. He will be the go to back for Seattle should Carson miss some time, Hyde is averaging 5.8 points and is projected 5.1 this week but these projections are based on Carson still in the mix.
- Brandon Aiyuk WR (49ers): Aiyuk has formed into a solid member of the 49ers receiving core and had a great game last week against the Giants, putting up an astounding 21.1 fantasy points. Aiyuk is averaging 12.6 points and is projected 9.0 points this week.
Havrilla Waiver Wire Picks
- Darrell Henderson Jr. RB (Rams): With Cam Akers and Malcolm Brown both struggling with injuries, Henderson has really stepped up as the lead running back in LA. He really took off two weeks ago where we thought Malcolm Brown would shine, Henderson had 20.1 points in week two where we expected Brown to be the lead back instead. Henderson is averaging 13.2 fantasy points and is projected 11.5 points this week.
- Justin Jefferson WR (Vikings): The rookie Jefferson is undoubtedly the number 2 receiver in the Minnesota core. He had his breakout week last week, putting up 30.5 fantasy points with 7 receptions for 175 yards and a touchdown. Jefferson is averaging 14.2 points and is projected 10.5 against the Texans.
- Mecole Hardman WR (Chiefs): Hardman is a quality piece to the explosive Kansas City offense. Mahomes looks to Hill first on the deep ball but Hardman is not far behind in targets down field. Hardman is averaging 9.0 points per game and is projected 7.3 points this week.
- Mike Davis RB (Panthers): For whatever reason, Mike Davis is still available on your league’s waiver list this week, and he needs to be scooped up immediately. With Christian McCaffrey out for multiple weeks, Davis has stepped up in the run and receiving game; Davis had 23.1 fantasy points last week and is projected 15.5 this week.
- J.K. Dobbins RB (Ravens): Dobbins realistically has only had one fantasy relevant week (week one against the Browns). However, due to his lower end numbers, many teams have been dropping Dobbins, making it the perfect time to snag him. Don’t be surprised if Dobbins eventually works his way to the lead spot in the Ravens backfield with Ingram looking underwhelming. Dobbins is averaging 9.9 points per game and is projected 6.6 this week.