I hope you enjoyed the long weekend. Here’s the sports section with an update from Model United Nations.
Baseball: The baseball team has a scrimmage on Thursday against Shaker Heights. They also leave Saturday morning for Tampa, Florida where they’ll play 4 games.
Volleyball: The volleyball team is continuing to prepare for this upcoming weekend where they head to Columbus to face off against three of the top ten teams in the state: St. Charles, Elder (Cincinnati), and Mt. Vernon.
Tennis: The tennis team have started practice and are preparing for their first match against Westlake on April 1.
Rugby: The rugby team shutout all four opponents this weekend. 45-0 against DCC; 45-0 against Brunswick; 28-0 against Perrysburg; and 27-0 against Saint Joseph’s Prep. Overall a dominant weekend for the team who are getting ready to leave for Ireland on Thursday.
Lacrosse: The lacrosse team has their first game on Tuesday against University School at 5pm at US, and on Saturday they will travel to play Brother Rice in Michigan.
Model UN: 43 strong delegates traveled to East Lansing to attend MSUMUN this past weekend along with over 850+ of the best delegates in the Midwest and beyond. This was the club’s final conference of the year, making it the final conference of their high school career for the nine seniors who attended. While the competition was fierce, our experienced Diplocats pulled through and finished the year strong, every single one. Here are the delegates who won awards:
- Verbal Commendations: Sophomore Kenny Li (Sierra Leone); Senior Patrick Condon (Henry Sykes); Senior Michael Donnelly (Qahhor Mahkamov)
- Honorable Mention: Junior Patrick Sheehan (Shri Anubhav Mohanty); Senior Greg Kondas (Gregory So)
- Book Award: Sophomore Andrew Martin (Romy Cote); Junior Stephen Woytek (Ali Soheili)
- Best Delegate: Junior Anthony Chalhoub (Turkmenistan); Juniors Colton Basar and Daniel Vrablic (UnitedHealth Group)
Senior Quote:“Okay, ‘Mr. Metabolism.’ I wish I had one.” – Grant Gottschalk
Preview of the Preview of the Week: We have a three day week this week.
- Tuesday: Jesuit Excellence Tour College Fair (Atrium 10:15am-1:15pm)
- Wednesday: Career Speaker Series (Counseling Conference Room, 6th-7th)
- Thursday: Early Dismissal (Parent-Teacher Conferences)
Misc. Announcements: – *IF we achieve a perfect dress code Tuesday (tomorrow) and Wednesday, then we can have a $3.00 dress down day on Thursday for a special mission collection* The details of the mission collection can be found in the Preview of the Week email.
Seniors can wear their senior shirts tomorrow in place of a shirt and tie, but the rest of the dress code remains in effect.That’s all I’ve got for this week, St. Ignatius. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to let me know.