Welcome to the first installment of “Playlist of the Week”. A (hopefully) weekly collection of songs you might like to listen to.
This past weekend was host to the Saint Ignatius Harlequins’ fall production of Almost, Maine. A show filled with laughs, tears, and raw emotion, Almost, Maine set a new standard for Mr. Hoover’s era as director of the drama program.
Didn’t get the chance to experience the show? Within the next physical issue of The Eye will be a review to catch you up on what you missed. But in the meantime, give the playlist a listen or two.
This week’s Playlist of the Week is a collection of songs used throughout the production. Hopefully, it will take you away to a place where life is a little bit different: a place that’s almost.
Also shout out to the entire cast, crew, mentors, and any others involved with the production for putting on such a great show!
- Brothers Under the Bridge by Martin Simpson
- Song for Dax by Dylan Ryche
- Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen; Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks
- Swept Away (Sentimental Version) by the Avett Brothers
- Rest Your Way Home by Lance Allen
- Marry Me by the O’Neill Brothers Group (acoustic)
- Lyin Eyes by Martin Tallstrom
- Oh Darling by Stephen Bennet
- Dancing in the Dark by Eddie Burman
- My Arms Were Always Always Around You by Peter Bradley Adams
- Follow You Down by Gin Blossoms
- Tubthumping by Chumbawamba
- Mmmbop by Hanson
- Come to Me by the Goo Goo Dolls
- No Expectations by The Rolling Stones
- Home by Edward Sharp & The Magnetic Zeros
- There She Goes by Sixpence None the Richer
- You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go by Miley Cyrus
- Ho Hey by the Lumineers
- Sweetest Thing – The Singles Mix by U2
- Furr by Blitzen Trapper
- Woman by John Lennon
- I and Love and You by the Avett Brothers
- Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash
- Unchained Melody by Norah Jones
- What’s the World Coming To by Fleetwood Mac
- Buckets of Rain by Fistful of Mercy